FUNCTIONAL SAFETY ENGINEER - EMBEDDED SYSTEMS (M/F/D)
HACKING THE PHYSICS AND ECONOMICS OF MOTION CONTROL WITH DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
At Synapticon we’re reshaping the world of motion control for robotics and machinery at the point of motion. The company introduces an entirely new approach to motion axes by integrating formerly discrete components, such as motors, drives, sensors and gearboxes into seamless units and digitizing performance and quality factors that are so far dependent on costly mechanical manufacturing. Innovation leaders around the world choose to work with Synapticon to path their way into the future of intelligent, motion control-related systems. Be part of it, join Synapticon!
We are looking for a clever, creative person to define, document and implement innovative functional safety concepts for our products. You will be pushing the boundaries of integrated safety by applying an overall system approach to safety development. Your strong suit is functional safety software, but you feel home reading schematics and discussing hardware concepts with our experts as well.
We are sure that the ideal candidate has a passion for functional safety and robotics and a strong urge to envision and develop smarter safety solutions than anybody else in the industry. Great communication skills to bounce ideas with certified bodies and to drive the certification process will help you to efficiently navigate through the sometimes rough waters of safety development.
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing embedded software for safety critical systems (SIL3 or SIL4)
- Knowledge of V-model development processes for SW and HW
- Familiar with IEC 61508 and ISO 13849
- Experience with reading and understanding norms and regulations
- Knowledge of FMEA, FMEDA and reliability calculations
- Experience with certification processes and communication with notified bodies
NICE TO HAVE:
- Knowledge of functional safety for components for the automation industry especially drives and encoders
- Experience with functional safety software development processes
- Experience with the implementation of functional safety software diagnostic functions
- Experience with FSoE, IEC 61800-5-2 and IEC 61800-5-3
- Full-time (40 hours/week), permanent contract with 30 days paid vacation
- Flexible working hours and working location when life gets in the way
- Small international team in start-up mode, with lots of opportunities for career advancement
- Annual performance and salary re-negotiation to keep your compensation relevant
- Highly competent colleagues who are experts in their field and who are happy to help you learn and grow
- Company pension plan
- Birthday vouchers
- Company support for gym memberships through Qualitrain
- Job electro bike plans
- Beautiful countryside around the office at our location in Schönaich, Germany
- Regular team building events like skiing, boot camps, sports, Christmas parties, and BBQ every Friday .
- Spouses and kids are welcome to join for BBQ on Friday.
- A sandbox out back “for the kids”, but we recognize that age is just a number
- A field out back where we like to kick the ball around. Some of us are professional-level, but we prefer to pursue our engineering passions.
- Modern office facilities with an engineering lounge with football table and bean bag chairs
- Shared apartment (WG) upon availability
- Visa sponsorship, if required
Interested? We look forward to receiving your application.