SENIOR FIRMWARE DEVELOPER (M/F/D)
HACKING THE PHYSICS AND ECONOMICS OF MOTION CONTROL WITH DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
At Synapticon we’re reshaping the world of motion control for robotics and machinery at the point of motion. The company introduces an entirely new approach to motion axes by integrating formerly discrete components, such as motors, drives, sensors and gearboxes into seamless units and digitizing performance and quality factors that are so far dependent on costly mechanical manufacturing. Innovation leaders around the world choose to work with Synapticon to path their way into the future of intelligent, motion control-related systems. Be part of it, join Synapticon!
We’re looking for an experienced embedded developer to lead the firmware design of our next generation robotic axis controller. We need your creativity and passion to help design and develop the most efficient, flexible servo controller on the market. You will be contributing to all phases of product development, from design to manufacturing.
Built on our history of physics-hacking algorithms, you will work closely with our control performance and customer applications teams to improve the behavior of our control strategies and squeeze every last drop of processing power out of our unique multi-core SoC.
You have a very strong theoretical and practical background in firmware development. This likely means you spent several years learning about search functions, data containers, and other algorithms and patterns to solve common problems. You know very well how to use a debugger, setup build tools, etc. You understand (through experience) the importance of writing clear and maintainable code. You can hold the behavior of complex systems in your head and reason through them. Quickly learning what you need from the internet or peers is your forte, as you have a strong desire to perfect your craft.
We are especially interested in selecting a candidate that excels in clear and effective communication, both verbally and in writing. Excellently written specifications communicate your clever solutions to the rest of the world. Meetings you lead are informative, and everyone leaves with a common goal. You are excited to work on a team to build something bigger than you could do by yourself.
- Full-time (40 hours/week), permanent contract with 30 days paid vacation
- Flexible working hours and working location when life gets in the way
- Small international team in start-up mode, with lots of opportunities for career advancement
- Annual performance and salary re-negotiation to keep your compensation relevant
- Highly competent colleagues who are experts in their field and who are happy to help you learn and grow
- Company pension plan
- Birthday vouchers
- Company support for gym memberships through Qualitrain
- Job electro bike plans
- Beautiful countryside around the office at our location in Schönaich, Germany
- Regular team building events like skiing, boot camps, sports, Christmas parties, and BBQ every Friday .
- Spouses and kids are welcome to join for BBQ on Friday.
- A sandbox out back “for the kids”, but we recognize that age is just a number
- A field out back where we like to kick the ball around. Some of us are professional-level, but we prefer to pursue our engineering passions.
- Modern office facilities with an engineering lounge with football table and bean bag chairs
- Shared apartment (WG) upon availability
- Visa sponsorship, if required