Java/Eclipse RCP Software Engineer
We transform how industries and communities generate value from data by enabling successful data ecosystems.
The cornerstone of our solutions is to make data accessible, useable, and useful, by exploiting open standards together.
While many industries and communities benefit from our approach and product, we focus on building the European Green Data space. Our vision is to provide the data infrastructure that enables Europe to achieve a sustainable, climate neutral industry and society.
Towards this goal, we already support more than 1.000 organisations in implementing the INSPIRE standards, a set of specifications for the delivery of spatial, environmental and statistical data.
In this role, you will work mostly on our Open Source Data Harmonisation product hale studio. Work on hale studio includes both truly innovative capabilities such as AI-based data transformation, but also on incremental features that the community would really like to have. In addition, you may contribute to the back-end development of our cloud infrastructure hale connect.
Join us – wherever you are based – and be a cornerstone of the team!
We support exceptional applicants from outside the EU.
- Develop new components for hale studio and improve existing ones
- Backend development for hale connect
- Dipl. Inf., M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field
- 2 or more years of relevant industry or research experience
- Excellent knowledge of Java
- Good knowledge of Eclipse RCP, OSGi and Git
- Good knowledge of testing and continuous delivery processes
- Good knowledge of cloud platforms and technology (AWS, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Proactive, motivated and reliable personality
- Analytic and creative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent (C1+) in German and/or English
- Good knowledge of Groovy and Vert.x
- Good knowledge of database technology
- Basic knowledge of Docker and container orchestration technologies
- Geospatial/GIS or ETL/Integration domain knowledge
The most important is of course the work environment: At wetransform, you will work with an innovative and smart team of experts from six countries. Our customers come from 15 different countries, and we solve interesting challenges for them. Professional growth of everybody through peer to peer feedback is a core tenant of our company culture.
- Professional growth in an innovative and smart team
- Health Care Benefits such as Gym memberships
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of working from home (not just during a pandemic)
- Central, state-of-the art office in downtown Darmstadt
- Foreseen base salary range is 50k€ to 70k€, based on experience, fit and location (as location impacts ancillary wage costs)
- Equity Share via Employee Stock Option Programme (0.4 to 0.8%)
- Annual bonuses
wetransform gmbh is a Fraunhofer Spin-Off based in Darmstadt, Germany, founded in 2015. We are a group of experienced software engineers and innovation managers, and develop easy to use, cutting-edge, scalable, robust and accessible data transformation solutions, with a focus on geospatial information.
We value personal responsibility, open feedback, creativity, trust, professional development and work with a strong sense of fairness.